My name is Nicola De Innocentis, born in Naples, the 21st of April 1982.
- I awarded my Master Degree in Telecommunication Engineering in 2009 with a thesis on Geographic Information Systems and Remote Sensing, named “Extraction of information from Remote Sensing Images by GIS techniques“. Since that moment, I began following all about Geography, Maps, GIS and webGIS Open Source world.
- Actually, in 2011 I planned to create this personal blog to show my works, made during all these years, through collaborations or personal projects, in which I was involved.
- During the same year, I took part in a project, named WA.R.M (WAter Resources Management), as GIS Analyst for EWB – Engineering Without Borders, with partners such as University of Naples Federico II, University of Salerno and University of Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. The project dealt with Remote Sensing Images analysis from COSMO SKY MED satellite with aim to find solutions for the management of hydrological basins in North Burkina Faso. As GIS Analyst I produced different thematic maps obtained by classification techniques in a Open Source GIS environment as GRASS GIS. Some workshops about that subject were made for the project’s team.
- At same time, I contributed to CleaNAP association in environment, civil and social sphere. Actually the association performed cleaning actions in different Naples’ squares during the garbage emergency in 2011. Besides the participation to each performance, I was involved in the photo documentation and, later, in the release of two webGIS : CleaMAP and Vesti&Rivesti MAP.
- Even if I worked abroad as Telecommunication Engineer for a big telecommunication company between Portugal and France between 2012 and 2016 , I’ve always continue to manage this blog for publishing my posts and my works about Open Source GIS. For the love of Lisbon I dedicated a tourist guide, Vademecum Lisboa with several proposals of itineraries and a WebGIS named Montras de Lisboa about the old shops located in historical centre of Portuguese capital.
- Since 2017 I have been contracted by Synclab s.r.l., based in Naples as GIS Analyst. Consulting for Ericsson to analyze GAPs in GLOBAL GIS project, a cartographic service of ENEL (Colombia area) for monitoring power supply and tlc network.
- In 2017 I added also a Facebook page linked to Geopills blog with an increasing number of followers each day. The posts are not only about my articles but also all about geographic news and curiosities. The posts are regularly inserted on Linkedin and Google+ personal pages.
- In 2017 I took part in GIS DAY 2017 in Naples in order to present the StoryMap “A fado story“, based on a historical path within centre of Lisbon.
- Launch web application SMAP, storymap to narrate.
Tools:QGIS, GRASS GIS, Geoserver, GML e GeoJSON, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, OpenLayer e Leaflet, Remote Sensing, HTML, CSS, JQuery, GIMP, Drupal e WordPress.
Language: Inglese, Portoghese, Spagnolo, Francese.
Availability for professional advice by remote or on site. Contact me by contact form or